BRISBANE JUNIOR AMATEUR CHAMPIONSHIPS
To be held at THE BRISBANE GOLF CLUB (The BGC) , Tennyson Memorial Drive , Yeerongpilly, on Thursday, 8th July and Friday, 9thJuly, 2021. Those entrants who are balloted out may be offered and alternative game at the Oxley Golf Club on the same dates.
AUTHORITY: These Rules and Conditions apply to the Brisbane Junior Amateur Championships (BJAC), to be conducted by the BDGA in conjunction with the BLDGA.
The BDGA has appointed a Match Committee who have the power to alter, or postpone any competition, set another date or vary any of these Rules or Conditions for any reason , and shall adjudge all matters of dispute, protest or results.
The BJAC will be played over 2 rounds, the aggregate of each 18 hole medal (stroke) round score to count .
Conditions of Entry:
1.The BJAC is OPEN to any amateur golfer who is a member of a Golf Australia (GA) affiliated golf club and who supply on their entry form their Golf Link Number and who qualify in the age group , being at least 10 years old on the 31st December ,2020 but not having reached 18 years old on the 1st January, 2021.
2. The BDGA may require verification of any age.
3. Entrants may be balloted by handicap and/or age at the discretion of the Match Committee.
4. To enter the BJAC event, each player must complete an Entry Form available from the BDGA website- www.bdga.org.au,( with the Entry Fee of $80) and submit the form to the BDGA by midnight on Saturday, 3rd July.
5. The DRAW with details of the shotgun start will be posted on the BDGA website no later than Noon on Wednesday,7th July.
6. Golf Link Numbers are required on the Entry Form.
7. The field may be limited to 112 players.
8. The BDGA may refund all or part of the Entry Fee to any player who withdraws after Noon on Wednesday, 7th July.
9. There maybe other gross or handicap events held in conjunction with the BJAC.
Conditions of Play:
- Each player must register at the on course Match Office no later than noon on Thursday , 8th July and by 7 am on Friday, 9th July.
- Each player must play with undue delay and comply with pace of play requirements issued by the Match Committee. See note. Following an initial warning , players may be penalized 2 strokes or disqualified if they have a third offence.
- Each player must respect the integrity of the Course.
- The event will be played under The Rules of Golf ( noting Rules 3,4,and 5)
and the Local Rules issued by The BGC . Each player and caddie must respect the clothing and footwear requirements of The BGC.
- Each player must comply with the BDGA Code of Conduct, and must ensure that any mobile phone under their control are switched off or on ‘silent’, other than in an emergency.
- Each player may use the practice facilities of the club on the 8-9 th July, but not the competition course for any practice on those days.
- Any player wishing to retire from the event may do so only on medical grounds.
- A tie in any competition will be decided as per The Rules of Golf.
- Any player wishing to use a motorized cart may only do so by submitting a medical certificate prior to the close of entries.
- Each player may use a caddy and any caddy may use a cart, but must not allow the player concerned to sit in it.
- The BJAC will be a qualifying round for the Greg Norman Junior Golf Foundation event.
BDGA Match Committee May,2021
Pace of Play :
Each group should keep up with the group in front of them.
You should take no more than 2 hours for your first 9 holes.